Applications for new home construction require:
- A boundary line survey by a licensed land surveyor, with the proposed location of the house plotted on it, showing its proposed footprint including decks, porches, stoops, basement entry and garage, and proposed distances from front, side and rear property lines.
- Construction plan showing proposed dimensions and layout, including foundation plan, plans for each floor, a cross-section showing construction methods and materials, and elevations showing what the house will look like from front, sides, & rear. The plans should be understandable and reasonably to scale.
- Drainage plan per Drainage Plan Standards and Requirements 27-1536.
- A completed Building Permit Application with full contact information for the property owner, applicant or agent, and contractor.
- The estimated cost of building the home including labor and materials. The building permit fee will be based on that cost, at a rate of $15 per $1000 estimated cost or part thereof. The minimum fee for all building permits is $25.
- Building permit fee paid at time of application, in the form of check or cash only.
- Sewer Impact fee for bedrooms paid at time of application, in the form of check or cash only.
- Drainage plan review fee paid at time of application, in the form of check or cash only.