Obtaining a Building Permit for a wheelchair accessible ramp requires:
- A simple plot plan that you can draw yourself showing proposed design and dimensions of ramp. The plan should be understandable and reasonably to scale, and should show proposed distances of the ramp from property lines as well as where it will be located relative to the house.
- Alpha One has an excellent brochure on codes for ramps to make them user-friendly and safe, Building A Ramp
- A completed Building Permit Application.
- The estimated cost of the project including labor and materials. The building permit fee will be based on that cost, at a rate of $15 per $1000 estimated cost or part thereof. The minimum fee for all building permits is $25.
- Building permit fee to be paid at time of application, in the form of cash or check only.