Assets and Ideas from Committee: At the March 30 Committee Meeting, members were asked to provide their ideas for re-use of the site, along with a list of current neighborhood assets and the principles and values of the neighborhood. This document is a compilation of the feedback received
On March 20, 2017 the City Council passed Order #154-16/17, appointing members to the O'Neil Street Facility Re-Use Planning Committee.
The Committee will carry out a public process that provides the City Council the necessary
input and information to make an informed decision regarding developing a re-use proposal(s) for the existing Public Works facility on O’Neil Street.
. The Committee objectives include:
- Holding a series of productive and outcome-oriented meetings, where new relationships are formed, residents gain confidence in the process, and results are achieved in the determined timeframe
- Working with City Staff and Sebago Technics to hold multiple public forums, and participating in those forums, to produce tangible feedback that will be used to inform the final recommendation(s)
- Assisting with public engagement in order to maximize the involvement of the public in the process; educating residents about the characteristics of the property, its challenges and opportunities, and communicating how redevelopment may occur
- Using alternative methods of gathering public comments, and communicating with the public across multiple media throughout the process
- Recommending and presenting between one and three options for the City Council to consider as they make their decision