The City of South Portland is accepting pre-applications from local organizations that wish to receive grant funding to help address impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. The City will distribute up to $3.4 million in the coming months to applicants that are able to demonstrate their program will address one of the forty-two (42) eligible uses of these funds. Broadly, these eligible uses include improving public health, addressing negative economic impacts to households, providing services to disproportionately impacted communities, water/sewer infrastructure, and broadband infrastructure.
These grant funds are being made available as a result of the City receiving $10.5 million from the federal government as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) passed by Congress last year. The City is making $6.9 million available to local organizations through two application cycles: the first, which is open now, will allocate up to $3.4 million of these funds while the second, with a date yet to be determined, will allocate the remaining $3.5 million.
Pre-Applications for the first cycle of funds are due by 4 p.m. on February 14, 2022.
- Click here to download the City’s Pre-Application Packet, which includes instructions and a fillable application form
- Click here for more information about ARPA funds as provided by the U.S. Treasury
- Click here for the ARPA SLFRF Final Rules issued by the U.S. Treasury
- Click here for video of a Q&A session hosted by South Portland staff
- Video will be posted after the live session is held on January 26, 2022 from 11 am – noon via Zoom
- To attend this live session, join us via Zoom at https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83962977031 or via telephone at (929) 205-6099 and entering Webinar ID: 839 6297 7031
- Click here for the ARPA survey results
- Click here for a summary of the Pre-Applications received by the City
- Will be posted after the 2/14/22 pre-application deadline
- Click here for a summary of the Final Applications received by the City
- Will be posted in the Spring after the TBD final application deadline
The City will only accept questions from potential applicants via email. Please contact City Manager Scott Morelli at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.