Petitions & Communications
- Provided update on Referendum Petition regarding ORDINANCE #12-22-23 (Banning the Sale of Flavored Tobacco). The City Clerk reported that the petition did not receive the minimum number of signatures, as presented in the Certificate of Insufficiency of Petition. The ban on the sale of favored tobacco is now in effect.
- Supported RESOLVE #4-22/23 - Letter of Support for renaming the Maine Turnpike Approach Road as Samantha Smith Way.
- Passed ORDER #119-22/23 - Awarding Bid #24-23 to Shaw Brothers for Cottage Road Pedestrian and Safety Improvements and Cottage Road Mill and Overlay (Cape Line to Highland).
- Accepted Homeland Security Grant Program FY22 grants totaling $106,319.53 and Emergency Management Performance Grant 2022 totaling $20,000.
- Passed ORDER #122-22/23 - Reallocation to FY23 CIP Funds to Purchase a New Ambulance and Ambulance Repairs for the Fire Department.
- Approved PROCLAMATION - Recognizing Chief James Wilson on His Retirement from the South Portland Fire Department.
Ch. 27 Amendments – CG Zone
- Approved second and final read of ORDINANCE #14-22/23 - Amending Chapter 27, "Zoning" regarding text amendments to CG (General Commercial) to clarify ancillary retail and restaurant uses as requested by Fork Food Lab located of 95 Darling Avenue.
To get information about any of these items, visit the Boarddocs agenda on our website at:
The video of this Council Workshop will be available at: