Petitions and Communications
- The Clean Air Advisory Committee presented its report to Council. An order will be added to a future agenda for Council to accept the report.
Public Hearings and Action
- Council approved ORDINANCE #16-22/23 - Amending Chapter 2, "Administration & Legislation" to Update the Membership Requirements of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee. Ordinance will take effect in 20 days.
Action on Old and New Business
New City Logo:
- Council unanimously approved ORDER #137-22/23 - Approval of New City Logo. The City’s Economic Development Director and Communications Officer will work on a rollout plan for the new logo.
- Council considered ORDINANCE #17-22/23 - Amending Chapter 12, "Housing", regarding the adoption of Rent Stabilization regulations. Four amendments were proposed and will be incorporated into the Ordinance. A new first read will be tentatively scheduled for March 7, 2023.
Homeless Shelters and Lodging Establishments:
- Council passed first read of ORDINANCE #18-22/23 - Amending Chapter 27 "Zoning", to create a new land use definition and development standards for Homeless Shelters and update definitions for Lodging Establishments. One amendment was proposed and will be incorporated into the ordinance. The Planning Director will add this item to the March Planning Board agenda. A second read will be tentatively scheduled for March 21, 2023.
- Council passed first read of ORDINANCE #19-22/23 - Amending Chapter 14 "Licenses, Permits and Business Regulations Generally", to create a new category of license for Homeless Shelters and update current licensing for Lodging Establishments. A second read will be tentatively scheduled for March 21, 2023. Amendments to Ch. 5 (Disorderly House Ordinance) will also be presented for a first read on March 21, 2023.
To get information about any of these items, visit the BoardDocs agenda on our website at:
The video of this Council Workshop will be available at: