December 29, 2022


Shara Drew

(207) 347-4143



Homes, Businesses Can Report Uninsured Storm Damage for Potential Financial Assistance


SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine – If your home or small business incurred uninsured damages in the recent rain and windstorm Elliot, there may be relief ahead. The State is requesting those who incurred damages not covered by insurance—including loss due to flood, tree impact, vehicle damage, and refrigeration failure—to file a preliminary damage assessment. Any losses not covered by insurance may qualify.


To complete the assessment, the form must be printed, filled out, scanned, and submitted by email by January 2, 2023. The form can be found at: The completed form, plus any pictures and other supporting documentation, should be emailed to:


This information will be forwarded to the Maine Emergency Management Agency for a request for a federal Individual Assistance (IA) declaration. While there is no guarantee of an IA declaration, every application provides evidence that Maine residents and small businesses need assistance in recovering from the storm.


Contact Cumberland County Emergency Management Agency Planner Margaret Cushing with questions at: 207-892-6785 or