Items of Interest
This is in the process of development.
Economic Development Department
829 Sawyer Street (Hamlin School Building)
PO Box 9422
South Portland, ME 04116
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00 pm
William J. Mann, Economic Development Director
General economic development inquiries may also be sent to: Biz Support.
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for economic development updates!
Welcome to South Portland!
South Portland is both a desirable residential community and a top-notch business location. I encourage you to explore the Navigation Panel on this website, and to contact our office if you have any questions or comments about doing business in South Portland.
With helpful and knowledgeable staff, a consistent regulatory and permitting process, and a welcoming community, South Portland is a great place to run a business, raise a family, and enjoy the broad recreational opportunities that the community affords. Come experience our many restaurants, parks, shops, lighthouses, and services, and see why life in South Portland exemplifies Maine’s motto: “The Way Life Should Be!”
Please call our office at any time for assistance. We are here to serve you.
Economic Development Director
Economic Development News
- Is Ocean Street... "The Next Washington Avenue?" (Portland Phoenix)
- South Portland offers new grant program (South Portland Sentry)
- Mainebiz South Portland seeks 'pivot pioneers', other pandemic heroes for annual business awards
- Governor Mills launches $200 Million Economic Recovery Grant Program to Support Maine Small Businesses
- South Portland launches COVID-19 Hardship Small Business Grant Program
Positive Recognition for SoPo
- WalletHub lists South Portland in Best Small Cities in America in 2019
- Money Magazine ranks South Portland Best Place to Live in Maine in 2018
- Money and Realtor.com name South Portland to list of 100 Best Places to Live 2017