State of Maine
- Maine Department of Labor (MDOL)
- WorkShare is an unemployment option that helps businesses retain their workforce during a temporary slowdown in work. The program allows employers to voluntarily reduce the hours of staff in lieu of layoffs. Employees of the business are allowed to collect a partial unemployment benefit to help them offset the loss of income.
- Maine Job Link hosts a variety of Hiring Events and Workshops, as well as in-person meetings with one-on-one consultants.
- Maine CareerCenter
- View the let's get down to business: CareerCenter Employer Guide
- Office of the Governor - Workforce Resources
Maine Small Business Development Centers (SBDC)
- Recovery & Relaunch Resource Center
- View the article: Tips to Navigating the Labor Shortage
Greater Portland Council of Governments (GPCOG)
- GPCOG has a Job Program grant to assist with job creation/retention. The second round of applications will be accepted Oct. 27 - Nov. 16.
Southern Maine Community College (SMCC)
- Professional and Personal Development Resources: Workforce Training
University of Southern Maine (USM)
- Cutler Institute: Workforce Development
- Hospitality Maine - COVID-19 Restaurant Readiness Course
- National Restaurant Association - COVID-19 Information & Resources