Detached Accessory Building
A building permit is required for building, expanding or replacing detached garages, shed, gazebos, or any other detached structure that is large enough to walk into.
Proposals for detached accessory buildings require:
- A mortgage inspection loan survey at minimum. The survey needs to be at scale.
- A plot plan of the proposed location of the structure drawn to reasonable scale, showing its proposed dimensions and proposed distances from front, side and rear property lines. Other buildings on the lot should also be indicated. We can help you with the plot plan when you apply.
- Building plan, which can be simple, showing proposed dimensions and layout, with a drawing showing what the structure will look like. The plan should be understandable and reasonably to scale.
- A completed Building Permit Application with full contact information for the property owner, applicant or agent, and contractor.
- The estimated cost of the project including labor and materials. The building permit fee will be based on that cost, at a rate of $15 per $1000 estimated cost or part thereof. The minimum fee for all building permits is $25.
- Building permit fee paid at time of application.