Agenda for the City Council Meeting
March 17, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes Passed 7-0
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
Department and Committee Reports
Fire Department - 02/14
Occupancy Certificates - 12/13 & 01/14
Civil Service Minutes
Conservation Commission Annual Report
Conservation Commission Minutes
South Portland Housing Authority - 2013 Attendance Report
South Portland Housing Authority Minutes
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote. Postponed 7-0
E. Consent Calendar
2. Street Closure - The SOPO Buy Local Group is requesting the closure of Madison Street at Breakwater Drive for the South Portland Buy Local Bug Light Festival on August 16th with a rain date of August 17th. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 7-0
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
3. Business License – Los Tapatios II LLC, DBA Los Tapatios II, 671 Main Street for a Food Establishment Restaurant with Liquor License. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 7-0
4. ORDINANCE #9-13/14 - Amending Chapter 10, Article VIII, “Property Tax Assistance Ordinance”. Passed first reading 03/03/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 7-0
H. Action on Old and New Business
5. ORDER #111-13/14 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 7-0
6. ORDER #112-13/14 – Authorizing the Code Enforcement Officer to execute a consent agreement between Stanley and Catherine Scribner and the City relating to a side yard setback encroachment at 38 Appletree Drive (Map 56, Lot 56-17). Passage requires majority vote. Passed 7-0
7. ORDINANCE #10-13/14 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning Ordinance,” regarding extension of moratorium on development proposals involving the loading of oil sands/tar sands products onto marine tank vessels docking in South Portland for an additional 180-day period. First reading. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 6-1 (Pock)
8. ORDINANCE #11-13/14 - Amending Chapter 2, “Purchasing,” Regarding the Sale of City-owned Property. First reading. Passage requires majority vote. Passed 7-0
9. ORDER #113-13/14 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a collective bargaining agreement with AFSCME Local 481, Council 93 Public Works and Parks from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2015. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #114-13/14 – Award of Bid #23-14 to Gorham Sand & Gravel, of Buxton, ME, for the Thornton Heights Sewer Separation Phase I Project. Passage requires majority vote.
11. ORDER #115-13/14 – Award of Bid #22-14 to Keenan Excavating Co., Inc, of South Portland, ME, for manhole castings adjustments. Passage requires majority vote.
12. ORDER #116-13/14 – Setting April 9, 2014 as the date for Public Hearing in City Council Chambers for the Proposed FY 2015 Municipal Budget. Passage requires majority vote.
13. ORDER #117-13/14 – Amending RESOLVE #3-13/14 regarding school bonds to be issued. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.