Agenda for the City Council Meeting
September 3, 2014
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Documents are Adobe PDF files. Agenda
A. Acceptance of Minutes 08-04-14 Special 08-18-14
B. Communications from City Manager
C. Petitions and Communications
D. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #124-12/13 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for a term which expires on 03/16/16. Postponed since 04/01/13. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #154-13/14 – Civil Service Commission, District Two (Smith), to fill an unexpired term which expires on 03/01/15. Postponed since 06/02/14. Passage requires majority vote.
E. Consent Calendar
3. Street Closure - Deborah Bassett of 49 Arbutus Avenue is requesting the closure of 25 – 39 Arbutus Avenue on September 20, 2014 from 1:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. for the annual Arbutus-Fest neighborhood block party. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
G. Public Hearings and Action
4. ORDINANCE #2-14/15 - Amending Chapter 27, “Zoning,” to repeal the moratorium on development proposals involving the loading of oil sands/tar sands products onto marine tank vessels. Passed first reading 07/09/14 and postponed on 07/21/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires five affirmative votes.
5. ORDINANCE #7-14/15 – Amending Chapter 9, “Garbage and Refuse” Regarding Solid Waste. Passed first reading on 08/18/14. ROLL CALL VOTE. Passage requires majority vote.
H. Action on Old and New Business
6. ORDER #19-14/15 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority vote.
7. ORDER #20-14/15 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a collective bargaining agreement with the South Portland Police Patrol for the period of July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015. Passage requires majority vote.
8. ORDER #21-14/15 – Authorizing the City Manager to sign a collective bargaining agreement with the South Portland Police Command and Supervisory Unit for the period of July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015. Passage requires majority vote.
9. PROCLAMATION #1-14/15 – Proclaiming September 15, 2014 to September 21, 2014 as National Drive Electric Week. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #22-14/15 - Accepting $550.00, or any portion thereof, and one handgun under the State of Maine Asset Forfeiture Program to be used by the Police Department. Passage requires majority vote.
I. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
J. Councilor’s Round Robin
K. Executive Session
Note: Items may be added to or deleted from the tentative agenda. Copies of amended agenda may be obtained from the City Clerk. Amendments, if any, appear on attachments to the tentative agenda.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.