Name of Body: City Council
Tentative Agenda for the Meeting of: November 20, 2017
Meeting Begins: 7:00 P.M.
Location: City Hall Council Chambers
Update from Superintendent Ken Kunin regarding the status of the Middle School Project.
C. Reports from Boards and Committees
D. Petitions and Communications
E. Appointment Calendar
1. ORDER #114-15/16 – Board of Assessment Review, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires on 03/16/19. Postponed since 03/21/16. Passage requires majority vote.
2. ORDER #112-16/17 – Board of Assessment Review, District Five (Fox), for a term which expires 12/31/19. Postponed since 1/4/17. Passage requires majority vote.
3. ORDER #75-17/18 – Arts & Historic Preservation Committee, District Two (Smith), for an unexpired term which expires 10/20/18. Passage requires majority vote.
4. ORDER #87-17/18 – Energy & Recycling Committee, District Five (Fox), appointing for an expired term which expires on 05/05/18. Passage requires majority vote.
F. Consent Calendar
G. Citizen Discussion (First Part)
H. Public Hearings and Action
5. ORDER #88-17/18 – Establishing the new AVESTA Westbrook Street One Municipal Affordable Housing Development Tax Increment Financing District and approving the Associated Development Program. Passage requires majority vote.
6. ORDER #89-17/18 - Edward H. Benjamin DBA Benjamin Building Wrecking Co., 41 Jackson Street, for an Automobile Graveyard/Automobile Recycling Business and/or Junkyard License. Passage requires majority vote.
7. ORDER #90-17/18– Granting TriCorp Amusements, Inc., d/b/a Cinemagic, a Coin- Operated Game Machine License. Passage requires five (5) affirmative votes.
I. Action on Old and New Business
8. Reconsideration of ORDER #81-17/18 – Appealing the denial of the Public Works’ Director for a new curb cut at 851 Main Street for Rolando’s Redemption Center. Passage requires majority vote.
9. ORDER #91-17/18 – Award of Bid #32-18 for the purchase of a three-quarter ton, 4 x 4 crew cab pickup truck for the South Portland School Department. Passage requires majority vote.
10. ORDER #92-17/18 – Accepting miscellaneous donations. Passage requires majority
J. Citizen Discussion (Second Part)
K. Councilor’s Round Robin
L. Executive Session
A motion may be made to go into executive session pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A., §405 (6)(a), evaluation of City Clerk.
In the event the Council determines that it may not reach all agenda items by 11:00 P.M., it may postpone some items to a subsequent meeting. Postponement is not required, and the Council may take up agenda items after 11:00 P.M. Any items postponed to the next meeting will normally be scheduled ahead of subsequently scheduled agenda items.